Sunday, May 26, 2013

And Then You Get Better

This past week I didn't practice at all because I didn't have time. Literally. Zero time. (Except I got the chance yesterday and snatched it). Basically I had four-hour rehearsals and performances every night at the high school which led to little sleep and no personal practice time for Whitney. It reeeeeally stressed me out. It surprised me how nervous and literally afraid I was because I wasn't practicing. Usually I practice 2-3 hours a day. I have to. Or else I won't get in, or be the top at Jacobs or Julliard.  I plan to up my practicing soon, as well.
Yesterday when I practiced I was taken aback at how good I was. I feel like I got better in the time I wasn't practicing. It was so weird. Or maybe I just didn't remember how good I was. But I felt like my tone quality was much better, a bit more in tune, maybe. It's hard to describe. Maybe it just sounded surer. In any case, it was wonderful to practice again!

No comments:

Post a Comment