Friday, April 26, 2013

And I'm Alive

There's something about performances and concerts that I just love. It can't be explained completely accurately. I think it's derived from being able to share with others the thing which I love most. Expressing emotions, present and past, through the music. Music is truly a wonder. A paradox of simplicity and complexity.
Today I had my first concert with a symphony I just joined. It was incredible! Sometimes in rehearsals or during performances, my brain takes a step back and I listen to the music with my heart. And I feel at home. I'm enveloped in the music- physically, mentally, and emotionally. That is when my soul soars and my spirit rejoices. All of my senses revel in the substance which energizes my being. And I'm alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment