Thursday, April 18, 2013

How to Feel Better Fast

For one reason or another (or possibly ten) I have had a rather terrible week. Those who know me know that this is not a usual occurrence because I try really hard to be happy and optimistic as much as possible. But as much as I tried, I could not shake the feeling of bleh.
So I did everything to try to feel better. The cell towers might have combusted for all the texts I was dumping on my friends. I slept more. Did completely nothing. Tried to chill. Tried it out. There were many more attempts I set in motion to try to feel better, but I shall spare you the details. Let it suffice to say that I worked really hard to try to feel better, to no avail.
I felt so miserable, that I stopped doing everything. Including practicing. I hadn't practiced since Sunday. But today I just sucked it up and practiced even though I felt lousy and had no motivation to do so. Guess what happened when I practiced, though? I felt 100%, completely, genuinely, all-the-way better.
Maybe I was just having a viola withdrawal and didn't know it.But that, my friends, is how to feel better fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment