Sunday, April 14, 2013

Attempting to Describe Music's Power Over Feeling

I have decided that music from the romantic period is my favorite to play. The method I'm using to learn involves almost all baroque style pieces, and while I don't hate them, they are definitely not as enjoyable as the romantic pieces I've started playing lately.
Right now I'm playing my favorite piece ever- Meditation on Thais. It makes me feel so alive when I play it. My soul breathes along with the melody of the music. When I play music like that, I feel like I can bring out the beauty in humanity, and that's an empowering feeling.
People don't comprehend what I feel when I play, and I don't think even I understand just how much I love it, sometimes. Music takes me somewhere I can't go any other way. The music envelopes me and lifts me out of the monotony of daily life and into a reality somewhere between real life and the faraway place where the untouched aspirations of man lie.
That. That is one reason why I love music.

No comments:

Post a Comment