Sunday, April 21, 2013

AP Music Theory

I haven't had much instruction in music theory in my young life. Not much at all. I took piano when I was young, and I know enough to sight read and do well in my music pursuits. But I don't know as much as I would like. So, I'm taking AP Music Theory next year.
The teacher is letting me skip the prereq, Music Theory, because I'm in Symphony and I've had a lot of musical experience. However, if I were to go into that class now, I would not be prepared. So, I'm creating a music theory curriculum for myself this spring and summer to prepare for AP Theory.
It's quite exciting, and rather daunting at the same time. The more I learn, the more I realize I don't know.
It is so important for me to be on top of my stuff because I am one of only three incoming sophomores the teacher is letting into his class. It's quite the privilege.
I just can't wait until I start learning lots and lots about the way music works. It's going to be so cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment